Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mirror Image


Mirror Image

He mimics my actions and my thoughts.
When I’m agitated, he is distraught.
He mimics my speech and my movements,
And when I better myself, he makes improvements.
He copies my style and the way I approach others.
I‘ve even seen him imitate my friends and my brothers.
He copies what I do and what I write.
He even goes to sleep at the same time I do at night.
He mimics the way I wear my clothes and my hair style,
Even when I become enraged, he becomes defensive and hostile.
He mimics my facial expressions down to the very last wrinkle.
Strangely enough, when I look him in the eye, he has the same twinkle.
When I turn my back on him, he laughs and plots on my downfall.
He says that if I ever trifle with my life, he will step from behind the wall.
In frustration, my mighty fist breaks his elegant glass.
He is my own worst enemy, full of ill will & taunting sass.
My reflection.

By: Kevin R. Guy
Copyright ©2010 Kevin R. Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment